Thursday, May 29, 2008

John S Mosby - Confederate Guerrilla

I suppose its because I live out west, and my interest in the Civil War has always centered on the Western Campaign, that when I think of Civil War raiders and guerrilla fighters I tend to think of William Quantrill and Frank and Jesse James and all the bushwackers of Missouri and Kansas.

I really wasn't up on John S. Mosby until I got a request from a future customer to make up a clock featuring the man. Col. Mosby, known as "The Gray Ghost," commanded Mosby's Rangers of Virginia, who were more than a major thorn is the side of Union forces of the area.

This is my John S. Mosby Watch, available at my eBay store, All-4-Corners. I also have a John S Mosby Clock available with the same face design.
And remember, if there is a historic figure that you would like to see immortalized on a watch or clock feel free to drop me a line. I'm always taking suggestions.

No comments: