Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Edsel Teletouch Watch - Design Feedback

Last week I blogged about a new project, to transform the design of the 1958 Edsel Teletouch transmission into a watch face design. Working with a black and white photo and a vague memory from a long-ago car show visit, I came up with a preliminary design and listed the watch on eBay.


Response to the watch has been excellent and there's lots of interest from Edsel owners. Also, some excellent feedback from Edsel guys, which has always been necessary in this project. One thing I learned is that my basic design was pretty-much right on...so kudos for me. I also learned that the letters on the Teletouch buttons light up at night and are red, yellow and green. That was easy to add. Plus found out that the emblem in the center is green. Another easy fix.
I don't think I'll solicit feedback on every new design I do, some just don't deserve the time. But, it certainly has been valuable for this project and has allowed a good design to become a great design.

No comments: