Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tractors For Fun and Profit

I was intimately acquainted with tractors as a youth. We had two John Deere's on the farm...had a John Deere "A" and we had a John Deere "B." We were John Deere people. We didn't go for those exotic tractors. Around our Idaho neighborhood you had John Deere's, Massey-Ferguson, Ford's and Case. That was about it.
Lately I've been making some antique tractor clocks and watches to sell on eBay. I'm staying away from John Deere, just because I don't want to run into trademark problems. Plus, there are many many defunct tractor-makers out there, and I'm finding the market for designs featuring those tractors to be quite brisk.
Here's my latest...this is a mid-40s Minneapolis-Moline. Pretty stout looking tractor! I've got this as a watch and a clock at All-4-Corners, my eBay store.

No comments: