Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hey William Barret Travis, What's The Problem

I have a few different Alamo items, watches and clocks, that feature heroes of the Alamo. Jim Bowie sells well. Davy Crockett sells well. But William Travis, he don't sell.
That's just unacceptable. William Barret Travis was the commander of the forces at the Alamo. Travis was The Man. Jim Bowie had a big knife, but William Travis had a sword for making lines in the sand. Davy Crockett had a coonskin cap, but William Travis had, um, nice hair.
So, in order to spur sales of William Travis clocks and watches I've gone back to the Paint Shop Pro and revised the design. I've taken the Travis portrait and placed it over some real pretty antique art of the Alamo and I've gone with gold-leaf numbers. This is a definite departure from the portrait over red that I have been selling, and is probably the most colorful of historical designs I've done.
So you Sons of Texas do your duty, cross the line in the sand and buy a William Barret Travis watch. Or clock.

No comments: