Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Print-On-Demand Purses, Handbags and Totes

I'm always on the lookout for new Print-On-Demand, or POD, companies. Cafepress is POD...you provide the artwork, they print your product. My watches and clocks and cigarette cases are made by ArtsNow, a print-on-demand company based in China. So POD plays a vital role in my income these days.
Today I discovered Snaptotes, a North Carolina company which takes your photo and puts it on a number of different style handbags, purses, totes, clutches, etc. Really nice looking product and at least from the web the finished products have a quality look. The user interface and art uploads are all very easy. Its a little pricey, purses are about $100. But right now there is nobody offering as large a product line or the quality.
I would really like to see Snaptotes adopt a user store model similar to Cafepress. Snaptotes would find a much broader market if they moved beyond the do-it-yourselfers and allowed the creative input of the web community. I know I could design some sweet bags...like the Mucha Clutch below that took me all of 3 minutes to put together on the Snaptotes site. Right now the only way to make a dime with Snaptotes is to join the affiliate program which has very little appeal to me.
If I were a pretty girl, I would so carry this clutch.

No comments: