Saturday, June 7, 2008

Black Bart the Po8 - California Badman on Cigarette Case

Charles Boles was a stagecoach robber around these parts in the 1870s and 80s. He robbed a lot of stages and would leave a poem in the empty strong box as a calling card...signing himself Black Bart The Po8. But he only had two poems, the one I put on the case and...

Here I lay me down to sleep
to wait the coming morrow.
perhaps success perhaps defeat
and everlasting sorrow.

Let come what will I'll try it on
My condition can't be worse
and if there's money in that Box
Tis Munny in my purse.
clipped from cgi.ebay.com


Black Bart
Hinged Metal Case

Get this today, the Black Bart Cigarette Case...picturing Charles Boles over a deep purple background and one of his famous poems...

I've labored long and hard for bread,
For honor and for riches.
But on my corns too long you've tred,

You fine haired Sons of Bitches.

 blog it

No comments: