Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tinyurl.com Helping eBay Sellers

I've been playing around with an idea...posting a daily recap of my eBay items sold to this blog. Just items that have sold. Just putting them out there. No, you can't buy them...they've already sold. Don't you wish you could have one? You can't. It's sold.
In the course of setting up this exercise in scarcity marketing, I've discovered that tinyurl links to expired eBay items do not go directly to the expired eBay auction page. Instead they take a transitional stop at a tinyurl-hosted affiliate page. Check it out:

http://tinyurl.com/5qt5ap

I think this is a really good thing! Tinyurl.com is creating another sales page for my eBay items...and they're doing it at my request! I tell them to create a page for me when I create the link. Sure, it only shows 5 items, but that's five more than anybody else is doing. I have to think that the more chances to put my product if front of potential customers, the better. And if you're worried about tinurl's affiliate money, that comes out of eBay's pocket, not the seller's.
I gotta play with this and see if I can get the tinyurl affiliate page indexed. That would be cool! If anyone else sees a good way to play this, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting discovery. Sure beats going to an expired listing page. Can't see any applications for myself but am glad this may help you.