Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Teddy Roosevelt Watch and Clock

Teddy Roosevelt WristwatchSeems like Teddy Roosevelt's name is getting tossed around a lot these days. I usually hear it in comparisons to John McCain.
Apparently McCain has to go back to 1902 to find a Republican he relates to.
I'm a big fan of TR, especially his cowboy years in the Dakotas and his take-charge "Rough Rider" attitudes. I love a quote TR made in 1899 when he was governor of New York:

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the great twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

I used the beginning of this wonderful sentiment in the design of my new Theodore Roosevelt Watch for sale at All-4-Corners, my eBay store. That quote, plus a facsimile signature, and a classic photograph of the president that has been carefully colorized. This face design is also available on the Theodore Roosevelt Wall Clock, also at All-4-Corners.

No comments: