Thursday, August 14, 2008

Never Get Lost in Chaco Canyon

One of the most fascinating places I've every visited is Chaco Culture National Historic Park in northwest New Mexico. You'll find it at the end of 30 miles of bad road and it's well worth any tire damage. Chaco Canyon was home to the Anasazi from about 850 to 1250 AD. The Anasazi built an incredible culture and some magnificent buildings in those few hundred years, and then up and disappeared. Leaving mostly a mystery.

New at my eBay store All-4-Corners is the Chaco Canyon Map Metal Case. I drew this map based on Molly O'Halloran's map found in David Grant Noble's book, "In Search of Chaco." I've put the map onto an ivory background to give it a nice antique look, although not necessarily a "Chaco" look. Perhaps for future items I'll go with a pottery or turquoise design.

No comments: