Friday, March 28, 2008

The Red Car MG TC Shirt

I read a book when I was a kid that I just loved called "The Red Car" by Don Stanford. It was a story of a teen named Hap Adams who comes upon a beat-up MG TC sports car, restores it to running condition, and learns the joys of sports cars and driving from the town mechanic named Frenchy Lascelle.

I have a piece of clip-art of an old MG that I came across today. It got me to thinking of that book and set me to work on a t-shirt for Frenchy's Driving Academy, were there such a place. Maybe some others who read The Red Car will appreciate this design, available on shirts and other items at RetroRanger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to school near Brantford Ontario and one of my classmates was Don Stanford's son. I think I met him once or twice. Our school bus went by his house on Tutela Heights road every day. Don bought an old railroad caboose and set it up as his writing studio.

I had a copy once upon a time but no more.

James