Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Networking A Computer And TV

I have my computer hooked into the living room television with a pretty simple system. The video inputs with a splitter off the computer video cable and the audio is transmitted through a little FM transmitter. This system gets whatever is on the computer over to the tv and works pretty well for watching streaming movies and vids.
I've been thinking of upgrading though. I think I'd like to be able to browse the web from the comfort of the sofa so have the need for a more versatile connection between the pc and tv. Since I'm educating myself to the possibilities out there I figured I might as well blog about the journey. Isn't that what people do these days?
Just debuted a new blog, My PC To TV, and in it I'll share the new systems and solutions to the PC to TV problem. First real post is a video of Icron's new wireless system. Pretty cool stuff.

2 comments:

Carol said...

OK, I need your help with this. We want to stream movies from the laptop to the big screen. I bought a VGA to S-Video & RCA adapter after the first thing my son tried didn't work. But this gives the same results. We can't get a good picture on the TV even after adjusting every possible resolution setting. I had planned to return the adapter in an hour and give up but maybe should hold off. Any ideas?

Rich said...

I don't really know, but I read that the problem sometimes is an incompatable VGA card in the laptop.
The VGA card must support TV out directly through VGA port function.
Other than that seems like it should work.